Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cover Iterations

So the very nice and patient artist has been bouncing covers back and forth with me, which I really appreciate given that she did exactly what I ask for, and then I changed my mind when I saw it.  Sigh.  Authors.  What are you gonna do?

I haven't heard anything from the editor, though, which kind of bothers me.  On the one hand, I want to say something.  On the other hand, I need to leave her alone so she can do her work - I'm sure she's busy and has lots to do, certainly more important than me.  So I'm engaging my patience and waiting.

Fortunately, I have lots of other things to do, like get unstuck on Gob Squad.  I went back and re-read my outline and realized I went the wrong direction.  No wonder I couldn't get it going.  So I jammed out a whole chapter once I re-read what I had planned.  See, kids, that's why we outline.

No comments:

Post a Comment