Saturday, March 22, 2014

Got a cover, now...

So I have a cover for a book, now.  But I'm all of the sudden bereft of any capability to pull the trigger on a decision that I like it.  I mean, I look at it and I think it's okay.  Then I look at other books and it looks no good.  I've got a major case of cover envy.  It's exactly what I imagined, and exactly what I asked for, and it's probably a good cover, but I am veering from "I like it" to "waaah!".  I think it's just nerves.

Still plugging away at Gob Squad.  And I'm trying to convince myself that the story needs to be the length that it needs to be, not a certain word count, which is one of those problems that I have always struggled against.  It's far more important to tell the correct story, not to make sure that there's a certain length or style of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment