Sunday, March 16, 2014

What's goin' on?

I'm working on two things at once (writing-wise, at least; like most people I have like forty things going all at one time, which isn't really what we're talking about here).  I'm pretty much finished with what will end up being my debut novel, which is called Switch.  I gotta get it edited now, which I'm pursuing, and I gotta get a cover for it.  I made some advances on both of those things, and I'm waiting. 

In order to be able to do those things, I used a variety of resources to look stuff up, since I know nothing about either one.  I used Smashwords for a cover vendor, and I looked up several editors and did some research on them (starting from Preditors and Editors, which I think is a good resource).

I figure there will be false starts and problems as I go, so if I run into issues I'll report them here.  You know, in the unlikely event that anybody ever reads anything here other than me.

The other thing I'm working on is a second book, called Gob Squad.  It's not at all like my other book, and is in fact quite different, so it's a challenge.  But I'm hoping to have it done in a month or so and be ready to get it worked on, as well.

Like all aspiring writers, I've got like six other finished books and a whole slew of stories, but I'm not worried about any of those right now.  Some of them are dreadful, some of them have promise, and some of them are pretty much ready to go, but I'm focused on getting these two taken care of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment