Friday, March 28, 2014

Two heads are better than one

I saw the second cover yesterday night, and it is awesome.  I was really impressed.  It's interesting how I gave the same information to the artist, but ended up getting a completely different take on it, one which matched what I imagined much better.

I've been listening to a book about motivation and drive, and it's got a lot in it about how creativity and motivation come together.  It's very interesting, and it seems to jive with what works for me.  I'm at my most creative when I'm trying to do something for myself, and at my least creative when I'm trying to meet an artificial deadline or payment schedule.  So I keep telling myself: finish the Gob Squad the way it should be, not in X days! 

But it comes to me in fits and spurts.  Some days I'll fire off a dozen pages, and others it's a struggle to get one good page.  But stories (for me at least) always get better on the rewrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment