Sunday, April 20, 2014

Fanboy Ahead

I am the biggest Godzilla fan ever.  I love Godzilla.  He's the bomb.  I'm such a Godzilla fan boy I have the Blue Oyster Cult song as my ring tone, and Godzilla's roar as my text tone.  I don't have any tattoos, but if I did, it would totally be Godzilla holding a train:



Having said all that, I'm terrified of the upcoming Godzilla movie.  The most disappointing moment of my life remains the dreadful 1998 Roland Emmerich movie (the one with Matthew Broderick).  I'd been working for 28 days straight on night shift, and when I finally got a day off, my wife said "what do you want to do?"  "I want to go see Godzilla!" I said.  Boy, was that a bad call.  That has to be the worst Godzilla movie I've ever seen, and I've seen every rubber-suited entry in the genre.

This one looks good, though.  Really good.  Back to the roots of Godzilla as an engine of pure destruction, a colossal force that barely notices that it destroyed you, a scale of power unimaginably beyond your fathoming.  Godzilla notices you like you notice ants: if it happens, something bad is about to occur.

We'll see, though.  I just hope I don't walk away disappointed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment