Friday, April 18, 2014

Genre, Genre, Genre

I read this article over on PageTrotter and started wondering: what "genre" do I prefer to write in?

It's not such an easy answer.  I write whatever genre it is that pops into my head.  I've written sci-fi, and fantasy, and horror, and just regular fiction.  In my regular life I've written some dry, boring, instructional stuff.  I've written some poetry, and I've written a very little amount of historical fiction.

I always figured every writer is like this, but maybe not.  Am I weird?  I just follow inspiration, because inspiration must be heeded, no matter where it takes you.  So if I get this burning idea for a YA sci-fi novel, that's what I'll write.  If instead it's an idea for a contemporary fantasy, then I'll write that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment