Saturday, April 19, 2014

Twitter: it does a blogger good

Okay, so Twitter (which scared me) is amazing.  And I feel guilty about it, too, like I'm not even really trying.  I hooked up a Twitter account, and then through the magic of IFTTT (which seems like it outta be illegal) I synced Twitter up with my blog.  So all I do is just Tweet out every blog post. 

And yet, inexplicably, I've picked up followers.  Which is quite humbling, and which I very much appreciate - I kind of think of myself of just writing this stuff for my eyes alone.

What else am I missing?  Could I get this kind of outreach using (gulp) Facebook better?  Could I find great results from (gasp) Pinterest? 

I'm not ready for that yet!  And I greatly fear I'm not smart enough.  Fortunately, I have teenage children.  Perhaps I'll turn that over to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment