Thursday, April 17, 2014

The more I search...

The better I feel.  The book world on the Internet is ENORMOUS.  I could spend 6 hours a day going through sites, and never reach the end in a year.  It's a little bit staggering just how large it really is.  I'm ceaselessly amazed at how many reviewers, readers, and discussers there are.

When I first started this out, it got depressing for a while - so many sites that are dead, so many not interested in the type of book, or indie authors, or only wanting post-apocalyptic vampire romances.  And I started to understand the frustration and anxiety that attacks so many authors.

Many hours of searching and reading blogs later, though, I feel a lot better.  Yes, there are a lot of false leads and sites not interested in you (whoever you are).  But there are also lots who are perfect for you!  The book world is HUGE.  You just have to have diligence and patience and put lots of effort into finding those people.

And their blogs are really interesting, too.  I love the individual voices and the different takes on things and how you can see two book reviews that are totally different - and both might like it, but pick up on something completely different in the story.

At any rate, I feel better just knowing the potential community (and therefore potential customers who might enjoy my writing) is large, and perhaps even reachable.

Never forget that effort is often a suitable substitute for both skill and luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment