Friday, April 18, 2014

I Feel Like Zigging

There's something unhealthy about a writer doing nothing but reading book review blog after book review blog.  Not because of the blogs themselves, but because you read book review after book review after book review, and your brain begins to...change.

I'm pretty much convinced now that every single book needs to be part of a three-book series that centers around paranormal dystopian teen romance, and deals with very difficult issues like substance abuse or self-harm, and has a shirtless male protagonist with smoldering eyes and rock-hard abs.

I don't have anything against those books, but I don't have one in me, either (that I know of).  But I'm finding myself having to whisper in my own ear that it's okay that I'm envisioning a story centering around a series of goofy calamities exploited for maximum comedic value.

I think I'm gonna take a break and try to do some outlining.  I just hope I don't end up with sparkly vampires...

No comments:

Post a Comment